The Architectural Sales Engineer is responsible for the growth of existing accounts and development of new business in an assigned territory, industry or group of accounts.
This position requires high grade architectural lighting sales experience for both direct national accounts and local specification driven customers along with direct knowledge of cUL safety requirements for indoor lighting.
This person manages the sales function and executes the Lighting sales strategy for SALIOT high end architectural Lighting solution.
|Area||New York, NY|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the sales function in N. America (territory to be assigned) to maximize sales, volumes and revenues and to ensure the right approach is in place for delivering the objectives.
- Responsible for creating and implementing the sales plan for the regions responsible.
- Gains and maintains market information and knowledge in order to obtain and penetrate targeted markets and accounts.
- Identifies and generates new business areas/opportunities through acting as catalyst and initiator of new business/ which actually contributes to the growth of the business.
- Provides design guidelines for various indoor lighting fixtures that meet cUL safety standards.
- Guides negotiations tailor made actions, of the sales rep/agent with customers or specifies distributors (EPL) about sales actions.
- Develops and drives credibility and long term relationship with the customers in the assigned area, to fulfill long-term sales objectives.
- Analyzes and reports of sales results, expectations, market, competition and trends.
- Facilitates projects with various stakeholders in NMBTC and Japan HQ.
- Understand the entrepreneurial side of the business while adapting to the multinational process.
- Travel required up to 80%; majority will be domestic with some international.
- Perform other duties as related to the job function as required.
- Reporting Communications Internal/External – Provide timely and frequent written and verbal reporting on customer interaction and application details as required (including customer contact reporting in SalesForce.com).
- Technical Research & Reporting – Gather information on customer roadmaps and general industry technical rends, consolidate and analyze information and report summary information and recommendations to product management on a timely and regular basis.
Job Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or mechanical engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of lighting sales experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the lighting business and in-depth knowledge of high grade architectural lighting solutions, applications, and cUL safety requirements.
- Strong project management experiences.
- Extensive knowledge of Lighting Rep agency model/agency strategies and performance monitoring.
- Collaborative team player with the flexibility to work in a creative entrepreneurial environment; previous experience working in a Japanese company.
- Proven track record in customer relationship building with lighting representatives, designers/specifies, national accounts, and industry associations.
- Proven ability and track records of closing deals.
- Knowledge of connected/smart lighting is highly desirable.
- Capable of building strategic partnerships to leverage capabilities.
LC: Lighting Certified