The Business Development Manager is responsible for creation of new business opportunities and maximizing sales revenue for MinebeaMitsumi products in targeted market segments and/or specified geographies.
|Product Focus||BIMS Sensing|
Duties and Responsibilities
- New Business Development Strategy: Work closely with Business Unit Management and Product Team to develop a comprehensive new business development strategy for assigned markets/geographies. This business plan would include, but not be limited to, identification of target markets/customers, product features and specifications required, business partners and revenue sources, and business growth forecasts.
- New Business Development: Responsible for the development and management of new business for the designated products and/or market segments. Perform on-going win/loss analysis to better understand the features that are required for improved sales success.
- Program Development: Function as the program interface to the customer and development team on new programs requiring engineering development. Ensure clear and effective communication on technical and program schedules, issues and resolutions.
- Technical Support: Provide technical interface and communications channel between customer and MinebeaMitsumi engineering staff. Make design recommendations for applications and devices which enhance the competitiveness of the product. Work with 3rd party development partners as needed.
- Revenue Achievement: Accountable for the development and achievement of the approved AOP revenue goals assigned to this function based on planned new business and existing account revenues.
- Relationship Development: Develop solid and long-term influential relationships with key decision-makers at all levels within assigned business partner organizations and customers. Make periodic joint sales calls with management to enhance these relationships.
- Effective Reporting: Ensure effective reporting to include, for example, essential performance measures for this function, analysis of function performance and recommendations for performance improvement. Includes daily input of customer contact(s) in salesforce.com and monthly summary report to direct supervisor, with copy to other NMB/MinebeaMitsumi stakeholders.
- Day-to-Day Operations: Responsible for all of the day-to-day operations of this function, internal and external, which are normally associated with this type of position, and other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
Job Qualification Requirements
- BSEE or BSME or equivalent experience and education required; MBA or related masters degree preferred.
- 7 + years experience working with designated market segment and technology.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills.
- Frequent travel required (30% plus)
- Computer skills required: MS Word, Excel, Power Point and CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.