Web Developer / Analyst - Chatsworth, CA
NMB Technologies Corporation is looking for an experienced, self-starter to administer software development, maintenance and system administration for several web applications, some internal and some external.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain b2b/b2c interactive websites and work closely with marketing to increase conversions and traffic, and broaden reach into target areas.
- Maintain and administer an internal legacy Java J2EE based web application and it's Linux server
- Maintain and administer an external legacy Java J2EE based web application and it's Linux servers
- Maintain and administer a series of CentOS Linux web servers (httpd, tomcat) and their applications (Plone, Nagios, etc)
- Maintain, administer and actively develop a PHP (CakePHP) based corporate website (nmbtc.com) with a focus on product promotion, usability, maintainability, business need and search engine optimization.
- Administer, customize and develop the company's Salesforce.com CRM system and its related Java based data replications.
- Work closely with other I.T. staff to minimize long term maintenance costs through system management automation and a shift to hosted, outsourced solutions. This will involve vendor selection and management and SaaS management.
Job Qualification Requirements
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Minimum 5 years experience working in the web development and system administration
- Required System Administration Skills: Linux Administration (CentOS/RHELS), MySQL, Apache HTTPd, Apache Tomcat,
- Ability to work independently and self prioritize projects based on business goals and available resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills and demonstrated experience communicating technical information
- Additional Technologies that are a plus: Python, Plone, Google Analytics, Salesforce.com experience, VisualForce Development (Apex Triggers, etc), Web Services, XSL/XSLT, Ant, HTML5, Wordpress, Nagios, AS/400 (iSeries, Series i) experience, SEO/SEM experience