The Field Applications Engineer has primary technical responsibility to the customer. This includes ongoing support of existing customers as well as identification of new business development among existing customer base as well as target customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Business Development – In conjunction with the Account Management Team, support customer qualification and product design.
- Relationship Development / Communications – External – Visit customers regularly, either independently or with sales team for interactive customer engineering discussions.
- Design Recommendations – Understand customers technical requirements and make appropriate design recommendations.
- Product Development – Provide technical support to identify new applications and coordinate with appropriate program manaement, factory, marketing and sales staff on development of customer applications..
- Design Failure Analysis & Reporting – Conduct failure analysis investigation of customer products as part of the design process and report to the customer as required.
- Product Documentation – Issue product documentation (technical drawings, specifications, data sheets, catalogs) as required.
- Reporting Communications Internal/External – Provide timely and frequent written and verbal reporting on customer interaction and application details as required (including customer contact reporting in SalesForce.com).
- Product Ordering & Coordination – Coordinate sample ordering, delivery and follow-up with customer for product approval.
- Travel – Travel required up to 25%. The majority of travel will be domestic with some international.
- Technical Research & Reporting – Gather information on customer technical roadmaps and general industry technical trends, consolidate and analyze information and report summary information and recommendations to product management on a timely and regular basis.
- Monthly Reporting – Prepare and submit a monthly summary activity report to supervisor.
- Other – Perform other duties as related to the job function as required.
Job Qualification Requirements
- Bachelors Degree required, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 3 Years plus experience as a design engineer or field applications engineer.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the specified industry and/or working with the specified product.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and Power Point required; AutoCad, SolidWorks, or ProE a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills and demonstrated experience communicating technical information.