– The Field Applications Engineer has primary technical responsibility to the customer. This includes ongoing support of existing customers as well as identification of new business development among existing customer base as well as target customers.
|Office Location||Novi, MI|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Business Development – In conjunction with the Account Management Team, support customer qualification and product design.
- Relationship Development – Communications External -Visit customers regularly, either independently or with sales team, for interactive customer engineering discussions.
- Design Recommendations – Understand customer’s technical requirements and make appropriate design recommendations.
- Product Development – – Provide technical support to identify new applications and coordinate with appropriate program management, factory, marketing and sales staff on development of customer applications.
- Design Failure Analysis and Reporting – Conduct failure analysis investigation of customer products as part of the design process and report to the customer as required.
- Product Documentation – Issue product documentation (technical drawings, specifications, data sheets, catalogs) as required.
- Reporting Communications Internal / External – Provide timely and frequent written and verbal reporting on customer interaction and application details as required (including customer contact reporting in SalesForce.com).
- Product Ordering and Coordination – Coordinate sample ordering, delivery, and follow-up with customer for product approval.
- Travel – Travel required up to 25%; majority will be domestic with some international.
- Technical Research and Reporting – Gather information on customer technical roadmaps and general industry technical trends, consolidate and analyze information and report summary information and recommendations to product management on a timely and regular basis.
- Monthly Reporting -Prepare and submit a monthly summary activity report to supervisor.
- Other – Perform other duties as related to the job function as required.
- Bachelors Degree required, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3 years sales and/or engineering experience.
- 3 Years plus experience working in the specified industry or industries and/or with the specified product(s).
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and Power Point; familiar with AutoCad, SolidWorks, ProE a plus but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills and demonstrated experience communicating technical information.