The Sales Engineer is responsible to lead and coordinate the business development effort of new and existing accounts at NMBTC by working closely with field application engineers, product support, quality assurance and NMBTC sales and product management. Manage existing business (price, customer roadmaps, customer trends, business trends, and program implementation).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales – Component selling to automotive OEM and Tier 1 customers.
- Direct Sales – Face to Face selling.
- Negotiation – Pricing, contracts, other business terms and conditions.
- New Business Development – Strong relationship development.
- Complex Selling – A complex sale is one that involves more than one decision maker. In order to complete a complex sale, a salesperson must convince at least a majority of the decision makers, rather than needing to influence just one person.
- Technical Knowledge – Technical knowledge of HVAC actuators and actuators in general is preferred.
- Sales Training Program – Formalized sales training program Miller Heiman or equivalent program preferred.
- Travel – Travel required up to 80%. Majority will be domestic with some international travel.
- Other – Perform other duties as related to the job function required.
Job Qualification Requirements
- Bachelors Degree required, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3 Years sales and/or engineering experience.
- Three (3) years plus experience working in the automotive industry and/or with the Motor product(s).
- Computer skills required:Salesforce.com or other CRM system, Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and Power Point; familiar with AutoCad, SolidWorks, or ProE a plus but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills and demonstrated experience communicating technical information