The Sales Engineer is responsible successfully create and drive new sales opportunities in medical market and technology segments, and to develop and strengthen customer relationships in the medical industry.
|Industry||BIMS – Medical|
Duties and Responsibilities
- New Business Development – Generate and develop new business accounts by executing sales and product strategies. Contribute to product and business strategy by providing feedback from customers and information gathered during technical sales activity.
- Account Management – Proactively prospect for new business by making telephone sales calls (cold calls) and emails to connect with target accounts and identify new business potential. Seek and close new prospective business.
- Identify and Respond to Customer Needs – Identify customer needs, assess potential application of company products and offer design solutions.
- Project Management – Engage with new business projects as technical project manager; determine and track action items and milestones to sample, test, qualify, and deliver new business.
- Relationship Development/External – Develop solid and long term influential relationships with key decision makers at the customers.
- Sales Channel Development – Assist to identify and select sales channels and sales partners for medical technology products.
- Technical Knowledge Application – Use technical knowledge of product and technology to support, build and develop sales. Knowledge required includes but is not limited to:
- Fundamentals of various sensor technologies is preferred
- Working knowledge of data acquisition, wireless communication, and analysis
- Competency with medical industry technical specifications, compliance and regulations
- Product Development – Research, document, and provide customer feedback to identify required product features and functions for target markets. Assist to create future product roadmap.
- Training – Provide product technical training to customers and sales partners as required.
- Budget Responsibility – Effectively manage expenses and submit expense reports in a timely manner
- Reporting Communications Internal/External – Provide timely and frequent written and verbal reporting on customer interaction and application details as required (including customer contact reporting in SalesForce.com).
- Monthly Reporting – Prepare and submit a monthly summary activity report to supervisor
- Travel – Travel required up to 80%; majority will be domestic with some international
- Other – Perform other duties as related to the job function as required.
In addition to the job duties and responsibilities, we are seeking individuals that encompass the following experience:
- Understanding of the healthcare workforce including: Academic & Community
- Proven high performing, experienced sellers who can engage with customers, build relationships and have the business acumen and strategic thinking to identity business challenges and how to solve them
- Individuals with experience selling business analytics software, cognitive computing, natural language processing or artificial intelligence
- Individuals with experience selling to integrated delivery systems and independent software vendors
Job Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical engineering required, additional degree in Business field a plus.
- Five (5) years plus experience with medical equipment solutions technical sales.
- Strong medical industry network, and understanding of medical sales channels and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills and demonstrated experience communicating technical information.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and Power Point; familiar with AutoCad, SolidWorks, ProE a plus but not required.